Search This Blog

Thursday, November 15, 2018

Wikipedia Trails: From Hastinapur to Qutb Minar

Wikipedia Trails: From Hastinapur to Qutb Minar

I started the trail off with the article about Hastinapur. I was curious to learn more about it because it is one of the kingdoms mentioned in the Mahabharata. I wanted to learn about how modern-day Hastinapur is and how the culture is in that city now.

From that article, I went to the article about the Mughal Empire. I was curious about the Mughal Empire because a few years ago I watched an Indian movie based on a Mughal emperor who took over India. I wanted to learn how long the empire lasted in India and who all the emperors were. 

The next article I went to from that article is the article about the Delhi Sultanate. I wanted to learn more about this because I got to learn a little bit about it when I went to India in 2015. The tour guide would give us some info about the sites we were visiting but I don't remember much of what he said so decided to look more into it. 

The last article I went to was the one about the Qutb Minar. I actually got to visit the Qutb Minar when I went to India in 2015. The whole area is called the Qutub Minar Complex and it is filled with Indo-Islamic architecture that is partially preserved and partially deteriorated. It was really cool to see in person and I wanted to learn more about its history. 

Image Information: personal photo of the Qutb Minar I took.
Photo from January 2015.
Image Information: personal photo of the Qutb Minar with Parso-Arabic and Nagari characters.
Photo from January 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment