Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Reading Notes: Epified, Part E

Epified: Mahabharata

Subhadra driving a chariot away from Dwarka with Krishna and Arjuna in it.  Source: Wikimedia.


In this part of the Epified videos, the narrator starts off by talking about Arjuna and Subhadra. The videos also mention one of the parts of the Mahabharata that I hate: the dice game and the outcome of it. 

One part I focused on mainly was in the very beginning of this part of videos when Arjuna brings Subhadra back to his family. Everyone happily greets her except one person, Draupadi. I mean, I don't blame her though. If my husband brought another one home I wouldn't be too happy about it either. There was a difference I noticed about this Epified version and the PDE version. In this version, Arjuna sends Subhadra as a maid to Draupadi. In the chapter, Arjuna and Subhadra of the PDE version, Subhadra herself approached Draupadi and introduced herself as Draupadi's handmaiden. 

Another part I focused on was the son, Abhimanyu. I like that in the video, Birth of Abhimanyu, it shows more of the relationship between Arjuna and Subhadra after their marriage and during her pregnancy. 

I feel like not much was mentioned about either Subhadra or Abhimanyu. Abhimanyu becomes more of a bigger part in the epic around the time the big battle begins between the Pandavas and Kauravas. I could write a story about Abhimanyu's life growing up and his relationship with his mother and father maybe. 


No comments:

Post a Comment