Search This Blog

Thursday, November 8, 2018

Reading Notes: Epified, Part D

Epified: Mahabharata

Draupadi's Swayamvar. Source: Wikimedia.


In the Part D videos of the Epified: Mahabharata series, the focus was more on Draupadi and her husbands. This was the part of the Mahabharata that I felt like things were picking up and the tension was starting to build, especially between the Pandavas and Kauravas.

I focused more of my attention on the character of Karna because I plan on writing this week's story on him. The part where Karna is mentioned is during Draupadi's Swayamvar and Karna's Humiliation. Karna feels like he is always tainted because he is a "soot-putra" or a charioteer's son. However, he still tries to win the challenge that Draupadi's dad put forward. Draupadi, however,  insults him by saying that he would never be worthy of marrying a princess because he is soot-putra. Karna returns to his seat with this fire of humiliation burning inside of him.

I have grown to show more sympathy for the character of Karna and for the character of Kunti, so I think in my story I can incorporate him being insults by Draupadi and show how he decided to be the bigger person and not fire any insults back.

No comments:

Post a Comment