Search This Blog

Friday, December 7, 2018

Famous Last Words: The Last One

The Last One

So folks, here we are. The last day of classes for this horrible semester, at least for me. However, I am going to admit that this was my FAVORITE class for this semester. I literally cannot wait until finals are over. This semester has really tested my patience. This week has really tested my patience as well. From finding out  I have so many things due this week (because professors hate us and like to just push everything into one week) to finding out Netflix was going to take Friends off in 2019 (but they're not, thank god. But they could also use that $100 million for better things, I agree).

One big mistake I made in this class was not putting in enough effort for this class from the beginning because from the amount of work that I have done for this class since around October, I have had so much fun. I honestly loved some of the readings and the extra credits that we got to do. My favorite thing ever was the movie Sita Sings the Blues. If I could go back and start early on in the semester like I should've, I feel like I could've done much better in this class.

And Laura, I hope you read this. But thank you SO much for everything! I appreciate you so much for all of the encouragement, help, and feedback you have provided throughout the semester. I have learned so much about my culture from this class. And not just about my culture, but about myself as well. I didn't think I had a single writing bone in my body, but my imagination and creativity was definitely put to use. I really hope you keep teaching this class, as well as the Myth and Folklore class!

The Friends peephole. Source: The Reading Fangirl.
I named my post "The Last One" and the last two episodes of friends are also titled "The Last One." I thought this would be perfect to use as an image because this is the closing scene from the series finale. 

No comments:

Post a Comment