Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Growth Mindset: Trying New Things

Growth Mindset: Trying New Things

The Growth Mindset challenge I did was the "Learn from Other Students" one. For the challenge, I was to find quotes from former students that would show me something new, like a different way of thinking. So I went to the Padlet and started looking. Initially, I thought I wouldn't find much and have to do another challenge because I had already heard the same old inspiring quotes that most everyone will have in their Instagram bios or retweet on Twitter. But I was actually shocked when I started finding some that were so unique and different, things that I wouldn't even think about. Here are a few of the my favorite ones I found.


NEVER BE COMPLACENT
I like this one because it really speaks to me. I was never the complacent child that I would just accept things the way they were. I always asked questions and always wondered why I had to do this and that. Even today, I still question many things about society and culture and why girls are expected to be a certain way and etc. I think this will be a good reminder to me to never stop questioning, to never just be. I think the fact that I question many things helps me grow as a person.

R.U.N. Rejoice Under Negativity. 
I don't have a problem with taking negative feedback from people, but I do sometimes tend to just ignore it. I realize that doing that doesn't make it just disappear or go away. That feedback, that opinion of theirs will still be there, and it's up to me to take it in good stride and change it.

WHAT I AIM AT

Over the last few years, I have definitely strayed off track a few times. I have forgotten what my goals are and what I need to achieve because of stress. I have given up many times and felt like a failure. But I've also picked myself up so many times so this really spoke to me. This will be a great reminder to remember that I have so many goals I'm aiming to achieve and I need to not give up so easily when times get rough.


Meme I made using the ImgFlip meme generator. Source: ImgFlip.

1 comment:

  1. Hello!

    I like the first two quotes that you chose. I really relate to both of them. I find myself becoming complacent sometimes especially because I only have a month left of college and senior itis is real. There is a part of me that want to settle for the Bs that I have in my classes but I don't want to be complacent.

    ReplyDelete