Search This Blog

Thursday, November 1, 2018

Reading Notes: Shri Krishna of Dwarka, Part B

from Shri Krishna of Dwarka and Other Stories by C.A. Kincaid. 

The demon Sambara. Source: Wikimedia. 

In the Part B readings for this week, I finished up the Shri Krishna of Dwarka book. These readings unlike the Part A were more about the adventures of Krishna with other people. In my opinion, I think Krishna wasn't the main character of each chapter's focus. Although, he was a big part of them. 

In Chapter 9: Adventures of Balarama and Pradyumna, the story starts off with Balarama as he is going back to Vrindavan to visit his people. Then the story shifts to Pradyumna who is Krishna and Rukmini's eldest son. When he was six days old, he was flung into the sea by the demon Sambara. Sambara had been told that Pradyumna would kill him so he went to kill Pradyumna first. And then it goes on to tell the story of his life. 

Overall, these chapters were fun to read. I found some characters that I think I could incorporate into my story while doing the readings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment