Search This Blog

Friday, December 7, 2018

Wikipedia Trails: From Nala to Canada

Wikipedia Trails: From Nala to Canada

I started the Wikipedia trail off with Nala. I read about him when I was reading the Nine Ideal Indian Women by Sunity Devee. He was the husband of Damayanti. I wanted to read more on him because I was curious to see if there was more about him than what was said about him in the story about his wife.

From there I went to the article about Dharma. I was curious to see what the Wikipedia definition of it would be because every time my mom has said the word, she says it in the context that makes me believe that dharma means "religion" in our language. After reading the article, I found out it is a key concept of Indian religions. So basically, it is kind of the same as my mom would say.

From there I went to the article about Sikhism. I know it is religion that most Punjabi people from India follow. I wanted to see how old the religion is because I know some religions have been around for a really long time.

Last, I ended up at Canada. Canada has a huge Sikh population because Sikhs started migrating to Canada in the 19th century and have been there since then.

Flag map of Canada. Source: Wikimedia Commons.

No comments:

Post a Comment