Search This Blog

Monday, December 3, 2018

Wikipedia Trails: From Adam's Bridge to Black magic

Wikipedia Trails: From Adam's Bridge to Black Magic

NASA image showing Adam's Bridge connecting India (on top) to Sri Lanka (bottom). Source: Wikimedia Commons. 


I started this trail off with Adam's Bridge. It is mentioned in the Ramayana that this was a bridge built  by Rama, Lakshmana, and Hanuman to reach Lanka to save Sita. I was curious to see if there actually is something still there. From the pictures you can tell that there is still land that connects India and Sri Lanka, but it is not a whole landform. It has broken down but still forms a sort of connected looking path. One of the theories for this is that it occurred when Sri Lanka broke away from the Indian mainland, which to me makes the most sense. 

From there I went to the article about King Arthur. I had read books about this when I was in grade school so I was curious to know more about the legend of King Arthur. After reading the article, I learned the difference between the children's book and the real legend. 

The next article I went to was the one about The Sword in the Stone. It is a 1963 Disney movie. I was curious about it because I wanted see how Disney changed it up from the legend to make it more child-friendly.

The last article I went to was the one about Black magic. I was curious about this because I wanted to see the origins of black magic. It has always been associated with witches and devil worship, so I was curious to see how and when that started. 


1 comment:

  1. I love reading other people's wiki trails to see where their curiosity takes them. These are some really interesting articles that you went to. All of my wiki trails end up leading me down a path that ends up at languages at some point. It's interesting how we are drawn to the links that lead to something we study or are passionate about.

    ReplyDelete